The best way to deal with old pool filter sand is to dig a hole and bury it deep.
That is because it contains contaminants that should never be left in a pile in the yard as a result of the safety hazard that will pose to your family, pets, kids, wild life and neighbors.
Note: Old pool filter sand is made from silica and the dust has shown to cause the growth of cancer in humans.
Table of Contents
What to Do with Old Pool Filter Sand?
- Spread the sand over your garden or lawn bed and water it in
- Dig up dirt and bury the sand in your backyard
- Use underneath pavers as bedding sand.
- Bag the sand and then take it to a dumpster.
- You can spread the sand in a bushland or forest area.
- Use some for the firepit area
- Use as drainage sand around underground pipes
- Fill low spots in your lawn
- Use it in the lawn. It killed the weeds rather well. Let it sit on top over the fall and into the winter then turned it into the topsoil.
- You could make a lot of candle holders, ashtrays
ALSO SEE: Gorilla Pool Pad Vs Sand Bottom Vs Happy Feet Bottom
- Use in your children playground
- Empty the sand into your garbage bin. It’s really heavy.
- Use the sand in a child’s sand box
- Flush the sand down your storm water drain. That could result in a blockage.
- Add to concrete as pool filter sand is crushed silica which is not strong enough to make concrete. Concrete sand is made with crushed granite and limestone.
Leave a Reply