Is your car honking at night? I could bet it is a moisture issue in the relay.
Car Horn Goes Off in The Middle of The Night
The horn relay is typically mounted on the firewall or a fender under the hood and are prone to take a beating from the weather from time to time.
To fix car horn that keeps going off randomly, do this:
- Disconnect the wire to the horn
- Then have someone press on the horn button while listening for the clicking
- The part to replace usually costs 10 bucks or less (CHECK ON AMAZON).
If after replacing, the problem doesn’t seem to go away then it is probably a wiring problem and will be much harder to track down.
ALSO SEE: Red Oak Vs White Oak Firewood
- Simply watch out for chafed wires that may be shorting out on a metal part or a issue in the steering column, which can be serious pain to reach.
- Hire the services of a mechanic.
ALSO SEE: How To Stop Cars From Turning Around In Your Driveway
Leave a Reply