Most users of Sony Laserdisc players have complained of the players not being any good, they are always in the habit of developing one fault or the other.
But the early lasermax through the Sony MDP-1700AR is the exception. to this general rule of thumb.
They had nice videos through the composite outputs, good picture quality, AC3 cables, and reliability with none of the problems always associated with other Sony models.
Best Sony Laserdisc Players
Sony has got good build quality their only problem stems from spotty quality control during production, if you are lucky enough to get Sonny Laserdisc which is working and in good condition, the chances are high that it will most likely remain that way.
Sony CDP-CE500 5-Disc CD Changer (Black)
The Sony CDP-CE500 5- Disc CD Changer does a great job even in playing a disc that is slightly scratched, it is clear and wide from all angles and has an amazing display.
It has a good digital to analog converter and a compact disc player that has a digital out.
You can choose between displaying the time on the track, the time left on the track, and also the time remaining on the CD when playing CDs.
It has a USB port that is a real bonus to this player, it features a 32 GB flash with over 3,600 minutes and can hold as many as 1300 songs, using the USB rather than the CD player will save you a lot of wear and tear on that disc changer.
It is simple to install and it is the fastest plug and play, you can put the exact cables straight into the amplifier and the existing speaker system and you will be hooked up straight to the music.
It has a clear and crispy sound with more if richer bass and lighter treble, it all depends on what you are playing though. This player is ideal for anyone that don’t want to convert all their CDs to USB -Linked media.
Pros of Using The Sony CDP-CE500 5-Disc CD Changer (Black)
- It is an ideal player for anyone that do not intend to convert all CDs to USB linked media
- It is the fastest plug and plays in the market
- It is simple and easy to install
- It has a clear and crispy sound and images
- It has a USB slot with a 32 GB USB storage space where you can store over 3,600 minutes
Sony DVP-NC600 5-Disc Carousel Changer
The Sony DVP-NC600 5-Disc Carousel Changer is a 5- disc DVD/CD changer with play exchange, repeat, random program, resume, and playback.
It features 1 component- video, 1 S-Video, and 2 composite video output.
It is compatible with DVD, Video CD, Audio CD-R/CD-RW.
It has a feature that blocks noise reduction that reduces blocked- image sections most especially during fast-moving scenes
It is a high-resolution video component output, it provides clean playbacks of DVD in slow motion and scan speed with its SmoothScan and SmoothSlow. It displays title and artist information on an encoded disc with its DVD/CD text functionality
Features a composite and S-Video output that makes it compatible with nearly all television, it also features a screen dimmer that gives you theatre-like blackness during a video presentation.
Pros of Using The Sony DVP-NC600 5-Disc Carousel Changer
- Features a composite and S-Video output that makes it compatible with any television
- It displays titles and artist information on encoded disc ASA result of its DVD/CD text functionality
- It provides clean playbacks of DVD videos in slow motion
- It has a feature that blocks noise reduction
- Its image and audio are of sound quality
Sony MDP-800 CD/Laserdisc Player
The Sony MDP-800 CD/ Laserdisc player is a solid player that features impressive specifications, it is quiet and very responsive, and it has a high picture and sound quality.
This player stands at the very top of the company’s combination of both CD/ LaserDisc player lineup.
It starts by providing a complete array of all convenience functions, it features an automatic side changing for video playback and also an 8-bit digital frame store that helps in performing large varieties of video tricks with both long play CLVs and short play CAV discs.
It features a front panel control that provides only basic cueing function and laserdisc change, so, if you lose the remote you will lose access to most of the players features
Pros of Using The Sony MDP-800 CD/Laserdisc Player
- It provides a variable speed bidirectional scan
- Frame at a time playback and freeze frame
- Slow-motion with a continued audio playback
- A digital store that can show a memorized frame even when you are playing another laserdisc or a CD
- It features an attenuation switch that reduces noise that may be associated with the audio output
Sony DVD Player DVPSR510H Ultra Slim Upscaling; with 6′ Xtreme High-Speed HDMI Cable
The Sony DVD player DVPSR510H Ultra Slim is easy to hook up and provides excellent picture quality, the device is lightweight and the DVD feature is quite small, it offers beautiful pictures and great sound quality, when printing the instruction manual, it will be helpful to print in two booklets as it is sometimes written in french and then English.
The connection using HDMI is quite great and it presented no troubles at all when connecting it to the Television, just connect and plug into the outlet and turn it on for your entertainment.
It creates high-resolution 1080p images and the Upconversion feature increase images quality by correcting, it features high-speed signals that convert DVD signal videos using 4 times oversampling for progressive scan playback, and for interlaced scan playback, it uses 8 times oversampling.
You can use this player in playing DVD movies and other media, it provides sharp, beautiful pictures.
Pros of Using The Sony DVD Player DVPSR510H Ultra Slim Upscaling; with 6′ Xtreme High-Speed HDMI Cable
- It features scan playback
- Creates high-resolution 1080p images
- It presents a good connection using HDMI
- It is easy to set up and use
- It provides high and excellent picture and audio quality.
Sony DVP- SR510 DVD Player with HDMI Port with a NeeGo Slim HDMI Cable
The Sony DVP- SR510 DVD Player with an HDMI port is 270mm in length, it is compact and slim, making it a stylish addition to your home gadgets.
It features great HD quality pictures and a solid sound. With this player you can watch DVD videos at a minimum speed of 1.5, it is ideal for scanning news and dramas.
It also features a slow playback with sound making it possible for you to listen and be entertained at a slower pace.
It features HDMI output and image quality with 1080p, it can be used for MP3 playback, Multi-Disc Resume, Energy star, etc.
This player is simple and easy to use without having any fancy buttons, it is easy to install as well and the remote is just as simple to use as this player.
Pros of Using The Sony DVP- SR510 DVD Player with HDMI Port with a NeeGo Slim HDMI Cable
- It is easy to install and use
- Make use of three functional remotes
- Features a slow playback with a sound that makes it possible for you to listen to your favorite entertainment slowly
- Have a great HD quality pictures and a solid sound
- It is compact and slim.