The difference between Cupro nickel pool heaters and copper heating elements is that cupronickel is known for offering increased durability and longer service life – despite exposure to saltwater, pool chemicals and more while copper is more subject to corrosion.
That’s right! Cupro-Nickel is similar to the gloves you wear on your hand rather than just use your hand for things. You can still wear a hole in your glove, it will just take longer. However, that does not mean you shouldn’t take care of it.
In my experience, pool chemistry is the primary factor of any pool equipment longetivity. Keep the water clear, clean and properly balanced and, with a minimal amount of preventative maintenance, you’ll get even longer years out of your equipment.
Best Cupro Nickel Pool Heater for Above Ground Pool or Inground Pool
Your pool size and type will determine what heater-type you’ll choose. More powerful pool heaters are typically used for large, inground pools.
Residual pool heaters typically range between 100,000 to 400,000 BTU. The power source is also important, since you’ll need to decide between natural gas, propane, or electric powered pool heaters.
Here, the best pool heaters to keep your water temperature constant for the whole swimming season.
Pentair 460805 | MasterTemp Pool Heater
- 400,000 BTU Natural Gas Heater
- Boasts of a Cupro-nickel heat exchanger
- It heats quickly. Kiss long waits before jumping in pools or spa’s goodbye.
- It allows a manual gas shutoff when service is needed.
- Environmental-friendly since it has low NOx emission and outperforms industry standards.
- Its rotating digital display encourages easy viewing
- It features an electronic Ignition
- Tough, rustproof exterior handles the heat and weathers the elements
- Compact design : Provides you with more options for installation.
Raypak 336,000 BTU Digital Electronic Ignition Natural Gas Pool Heater
- Made from the best high quality integral cupro nickel fin tube available. This makes it stands the toughest of purposes, like low ph, and excessive stream or heavy use.
- It has a digital management with liquid crystal display show for heater and temperature settings.
- Plumb immediately from supplied 2 inch pvc threaded union
- Capron resin headers stop rust stains from harming pool floor
- Sensible microprocessor controls diagnostic learn out and repeatedly displays working standing
Hayward: 400,000 BTU / NG | Hayward H400FDN | Universal H-Series
- This heats pool or Spa fast
- It is resistant to chemical and salt water corrosion resistance.
- Up to 18% savings by reducing pump run-time
- Exclusive “Totally Managed” cupro nickel heat exchanger water flow
- Same water velocity through all tubes for faster heating
- Size : 21″ L x 21″ W x 28″ H
- Patented header by-pass design
- 2in x 2 1/2in CPVC union plumbing connections
- Common union for installation or service, adapts to larger plumbing
- Low NOx emissions – meets clean air quality standards
- Weight : 214 lbs.
- Universal H-Series Natural Gas
Raypak 406,000 BTU Digital Natural Gas Pool Heater w/ Cupro Nickel | RAY-014941
- It is power-efficient
- It heats up fast so no need to wait long hours before having fun in your spa or pool
- Mastertemp is licensed for low nox emission and outperforms business requirements.
- Guides gasoline shut-off when service is needed.
- Sta-Rite SR400LP Max-E-Therm Pool And Spa Heater, Propane, 400,000 BTU
- Polymer and low lead bronze (business asme) header for wonderful corrosion resistance
- Eco-friendly accountable low nox emissions to fulfill or exceed air high quality emission requirements in all low nox areas
- Normal cupro nickel warmth exchanger for superior worth and reliability
- Hayward common design for straightforward and versatile skilled set up
ALSO SEE: The Pool Cleaner 2 Wheel vs 4 Wheel
Copper Vs Cupro Nickel Pool Heater Vs Titanium Heat Exchanger
The primary reason for Titanium and cuprinickel is because copper cannot stand with SWGs that have become really common. Cuprinickel and titanium is the way to go if you plan on upgrading your SWG (or even if you don’t).
I had a client who accidentally overdose on the muriatic acid last week and the pool water Ph fell drastically. She did not even know this until this morning and now has a possibly damaged copper heat exchanger. She is not the first customer I have seen with a similar problem. The result of this is high copper levels and stains in their pool because of the heat exchanger. It just takes one sudden OOPS! With the acid and there could be problems. This does not happen with Cupro Nickel pool heaters though.