In photographing dolls, the camera does not matter as much as the lens or your experience as a photographer.
Digital cameras have, in a way, widened the range of photography, and Doll photography has also emerged as one of the most profitable niches in photography.
The quality of the Camera you use is of utmost importance when venturing into doll photography; quality cameras do not necessarily mean you need to have lots of money invested in just a camera.
Many cameras in the market won’t even ask you for additional costs before the development of the photos that you can acquire cheaply, and with digital cameras, you can afford to check the soft copies of your pictures instantly after taking the pictures.
Any good compact Camera will do a fine job for your doll photography. The only thing that may likely make a big difference is the camera’s lens.
Best Camera For Doll Photography
Some best cameras you can use for doll photography are reviewed below.
Panasonic Lumix G9 Mirrorless Camera
The Panasonic Lumix G9 Mirrorless Camera also has 4k video features apart from the layout designs of traditional photography, it has an exclusive 6k photo burst that will bring out the life in your pictures, this camera is designed solely for professional and modern photography, so if you are one and you want to have such an amazing time while shooting then consider investing in the Panasonic Lumix G9.
This accepts over 30 Lumix and Leica DC compact lenses, it features a durable design that enables more compact and lighter body designs.
It features cutting-edge features that include 4k 60p(4:2: 0 8 Bit and 30p(4:2:2 10-Bit ) in-camera cinematic video.
The camera was built with sport and nature photography in mind, so it makes it the perfect camera to take your dolls’ wonderful pictures as the camera’s object acquisition and tracking is fast and reliable.
The camera supports full 4k60 recordings and also has in-body image stabilization.
The G9 with its prime lens will give you a good image quality, it also delivers the best IQ within the 4/3rd family, for it to work well for you, you will need to get the 14, 45, and 12-40 lens, this will help you in saving some money as you don’t necessarily need to get more lens for this camera.
Pros of Using The Panasonic Lumix G9 Mirrorless Camera
- Has a great body and amazing stability, and the grip is fairly easy to get used to.
- Great user interface with the menu arranged in a simple yet informative manner
- Features very fast autofocus most especially when using the Panasonic lenses
- The Panasonic Lumix G9 is simply tomorrow’s technology today
- The G9 is more effective in using all its pixels for good resolution presentations, once matched with a good lens.
Drawbacks of The Panasonic Lumix G9 Mirrorless Camera
- The menu system needs to be updated with a more logical design
- The G9 User manual is poorly detailed.
Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100
The Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 is just like every other Panasonic and features a combination of micro 4/3″ sensors with a fast 24mm Leica DC Vario -Summilux lens and a manual operation.
It is among the best compact cameras that Panasonic has produced in the last couple of years.
The lens of this camera has a maximum aperture range of F.1-2.8 and a 24-75mm effective focal length, for people that like shallow depths of the field this camera had got you covered with its impressive combination of fast lens and large sensors, it has an increased level of direct control and can give good shots in low lighting.
Pros of Using The Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100
- It features a dedicated aperture, shutter speeds, and exposure compensation dials
- This camera includes a time-lapse function with the ability to ability to create in-camera motion and videos
- Features a new time exposure mode where you can select how long an exposure can be
- It is very compatible, smaller, and lighter than the predecessor
- Features an auto lens cap as well
Drawbacks of Using The Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100
- Loss of Flash, due to the addition of the EVF
- It is not dust resistant
ALSO SEE: Best Va Panel 4k TV
Other Accessories to go alongside with It
Panasonic Leica 15mm F1.7
The Panasonic Leica 15mm F1.7 is a prime lens for the micro 4/3rd system, it offers a 30mm- equivalent field of view which is very uncommon, it offers nine elements in seven groups.
The three out of those elements are aspherical and seven aperture blades.
It is very compact and you can bring it along with you more often and take more pictures, it comes with an excellent balance of features and image quality in addition to speed and portability.
Pros of Using The Leica 15mm F1.7
- It allows the use of an optional bayonet-mount hood by having a detachable ring on the front of the Lens
- Handling it is straightforward, it offers a click feel when you change the settings
- Features a manual focus ring that is smooth and well-defined.
- Offers a very fast lens both in operation and maximum aperture
- It features a great lightning autofocus
Cons of Using The Leica 15mm F1.7
- It makes no claim on weather sealing.
Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Vario Summilux 10-25mm
The Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Vario Summilux 10-25mm is built for Mirrorless micro 4/3rd mount cameras and enables an F1.7 aperture brightness, it features a focus clutch and a rugged design, with the zoom range it delivers a whooping F1.7 brightness.
You can switch deftly between the still and video mode and you can use this lens to capture candid images, dramatic vast landscapes, appealing surroundings, etc. And all these can be done even with low lighting.
You can get a precise, sharp rendering of your pictures and get the ultimate in both quality and performance with this sophisticated designed camera lens, it prevents your image from being distorted giving you a clear quality image rendering.
This lens can be used in nearly any weather condition since the lens Is designed for heavy field use.
This lens is suitable for both taking pictures and doing videos, it features 12 groups with about 17 elements, and it is compatible with 240-fps- with high-speed sensors that give high speeds, high precision, and autofocusing.
What’s more? It is built to handle tough temperatures up to -10°c and also protects the lens system inside from sand, rain, clouds, or more, it is both water and dust resistant and this lens Is ideal for capturing landscapes or creative natural surroundings you so desire.
Pros of Using The Lumix DG Vario Summilux 10-25mm
- It Features an F1.7 full range with a high-speed aperture brightness that is available across the entire Zoom range
- It has a micro-step drive aperture system that provides a smooth transition between the brightness of changing scenes
- Has the ability to minimize image shift during going
- It features a focus clutch that makes it easy to switch between AF/MF and accurate manual focusing plus an inner focus drive system that provides near-silent operation
- It has a Rugged and well-constructed metal handling feel when shooting
Cons of Using the Lumix DG Vario Summilux 10-25mm
- It has a design flaw, the gum that sticks to the center marker come loose easily after a while
- Has a lot of distortions at 10mm and decreases at 14mm and beyond.
Panasonic H-NS043E Leica DG NOCTICRON 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH. Lens
The Panasonic H-NSO43E Leica DG NOCTICRON 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH.Lens has a remarkably fast aperture, it is built for portraiture, it is wide open at F1.2 and outstandingly sharp giving your images a very lifelike pop.
This lens is designed to make people look good and gives perfect background compression with its fast aperture.
With this medium telephoto lens, you can achieve a whole new level of creating when taking pictures or doing videos.
It features a 42.5mm focal distance that is ideal for portraits for you to achieve beautiful pictures. It has a sophisticated design that helps minimize distortions if not prevent them and enables precise, sharp picture rendering.
It has 11 groups with 14 elements and has a 0.5m/1.64ft and a maximum image magnification of 0.1X(35mm camera equivalent:0.2x).
You can create smooth and more dreamy bokeh with this lens with its 10 aperture blades.
Pros of Using The Panasonic H-NSO43E Leica DG NOCTICRON 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH.Lens
- The lens is very fast and the 3D renderings are just absolutely amazing
- It balances well with the EM1
- It performs very well, best built and most exotic lens in the AF 4/3 systems
- It was made using quality glass and can be used for night shooting without any misgiving
- It prevents distortions and enables precise, sharp photo rendering
Con of Using Panasonic H-NSO43E Leica DG NOCTICRON 42.5mm F1.2 ASPH.Lens
- Lens not zoomable
- It is not weatherproof
Leave a Reply